Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sriracha WOW MEATLOAF !!!

Pin It Now!

 OH BOY... MEATLOAF!

But not just any MEAT LOAF, this loaf is loaded with the flavors of that Red Rooster labeled sauce, SRIRACHA!

Yesterday I did a post of a Sriracha Ketchup that I made.  6 cups, jarred and canned to last a year (but will be gone faster).  Much as I love Sriracha as bottled, I am finding all new love for this Sriracha Ketchup!  All the heat and spicy flavor of the original with a little vinegar tang, honey sweet and Earthy Worcestershire Sauce spread through the all new sauce.

I really made this just so I could have a cold meatloaf sandwich.  I started with a fresh made loaf of Garlic Parmesan bread, made easy in a bread machine).  While the bread machine was whirring away, I made the Sriracha Ketchup!  While that was simmering, I made the meatloaf.  And at Midnight, there I was making my very favorite refrigerator raid snack... Heaven!

As to the MeatLoaf, WOW indeed.  Just packed with the spicy heat of Sriracha.  But with all the other flavors mixed in this simple meatloaf is transformed into something amazing!

Not for the faint of heart, this does have a memorable punch of spice.  Just what I wanted!

ENJOY indeed!


 OK... Here's what I did...

Sriracha WOW
MEAT LOAF !!!

Ingredients
  • 1 Cup plus 2 TBS Sriracha Ketchup (Click Blue Letters for the recipe)
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 tsp Salt
  • 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
  • 1 Pound Sausage
  • 3 Cups Ground up Ritz Crackers (can use Bread Crumbs)
  • 1 Large Sweet Onion, chopped
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 Cup Milk
  • 1 TBS Fresh Ground Pepper
  • Additional Sriracha Ketchup for coating the top
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare a 9X13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
  2. Add 2 TBS Sriracha Ketchup to the bottom of the pan and spread around.
  3. Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Combine thoroughly to evenly mix.
  4. Shape into a loaf in the prepared pan.
  5. Bake for 45 minutes.  Add additional spread of Sriracha Ketchup to the top.  Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.  Check internal temperature to be sure center is 160 degrees.
  6. Remove from oven, remove from the baking dish (which will have rendered fat in the bottom... Use a big spatula (2 works best) to remove from drippings.  Allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
  7. Serve warm (But, I like a cold meatloaf sandwich at midnight made by the light of the bulb in the fridge best) and...
    ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP