Monday, June 18, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies ala Eats Well With Others

Pin It Now!

Genius... Pure genius

May be the best dessert I have had in a very long time.  Certainly my new favorite brownie recipe.  Layers of texture, layers of different chocolates... Well, I could go on, but this dessert is just as good as it sounds... better!

A quick history, one of my favorite bloggers is Joanne from the Eats Well With Others Blog.  Joanne is the total package, always a terrific read (like a dinner and a movie (well, recipe and a story) when you stop by her blog.  How on Earth she has the time as in addition to consistently restaurant quality meals, in her spare time she is also a medical student in NYC studying to save the world.  Worth the read for her stories...

And more than every so often, she gives me something like this that I just had to make...

A little bit of history for this recipe, I found it on Joanne's blog (click HERE for her post, MUCH better photos and story than you will read here).  But it originated in a new cookbook, written and photographed by a new favorite blogger, Lindsey from the Love & Olive Oil blog.  Yeap, one of us... Food blogger... One of them... Cookbook author!!!

AND WHAT A COOKBOOK!!!

The Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook!  Honest, not just a cookie recipe book, but TONS of uses for this gift of the food gods (including many with my favorite, raw cookie dough (no eggs)...  Here's what Amazon.com has to say about Lindsey's book...
Food blogger Lindsay Landis has invented the perfect cookie dough. It tastes great. It’s egg free (and thus safe to eat raw). You can whip it up in minutes. And, best of all, you can use it to make dozens of delicious cookie dough creations, from cakes, custards, and pies to candies, brownies, and even granola bars. Included are recipes for indulgent breakfasts (cookie dough doughnuts!), frozen treats (cookie dough popsicles!), outrageous snacks (cookie dough wontons! cookie dough fudge! cookie dough pizza!), and more.


Now, Joanne got an advance copy of the book, as well as permission to post the recipe.  I got neither.  But I have a link to Joanne's recipe page where you can find this recipe... Click the blue letters...


But in typical inspired by tradition, I made a few tiny adjustments...

First, I upped the ante a bit by taking 1 tsp of water and mixing that with a tsp of instant coffee and adding this to brownie mixture.  I am going to guess that the tiny amount of extra liquid was enough to make my brownies more fudgy than the fudgy yet cake like texture of Joanne's brownies.  Mine lost a bit of presentation as Joanne's had equal size layers of brownie and cookie dough.  Mine had about half the size of brownie compared to the larger size of dough.

But that was more than OK, I like a fudgy brownie.
I also added some white chocolate chips to the brownie.

A) I know that there is no actual chocolate in white chocolate chips, but I like 'em... sue me.

And 2) I like the extra look of the dark chips that are in the cookie dough layer and the white chips in the dark brownie layer.

Next time I make this recipe I am going to double the brownie layer recipe so my 2 layers are equal size and look pretty.  But as I have been saying... My oh my these were good.

Last change I made was to use a darker chocolate, already infused with coffee beans.

I am a big fan of Green & Black's Organic Dark Chocolate infused with Arabica coffee beans and I use this brand of chocolate a lot.  Just a hint of the Earthy taste that pairs fabulously with chocolate.

But that's it... just a few changes to an already perfect recipe!

There are no eggs in the "raw" layer of cookie dough, so no need to worry about killing your family.

So, thanks Joanne, terrific introduction to a new blogger and a terrific recipe... As a reminder...
 Joanne got an advance copy of the book, as well as permission to post the recipe.  I got neither.  But I have a link to Joanne's recipe page where you can find this recipe... Click the blue letters...



Now I am heading off to buy the book!

4 comments:

  1. How could I possibly pass up trying this recipe when you give it such high marks and take these mouthwatering photos? My family would love these super chocolate-y treats and would be very happy to find the layer of cookie dough. What a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I love Green and Blacks and this recipe looks absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook last week and can't wait until it gets here. These brownies are definitely on my list of recipes to try. They look out-of-this-world delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete

FMP