Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cajun Garlic Aioli

Pin It Now!


This is a recent find for me.  I've certainly ordered fancy bar food served with an aioli.  It's just a fancied up mayonnaise.  It's just one of those condiments that I never really thought about.  Awhile back i saw a post from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen where she showed her version of this very useful.. um, let's call it a dipping sauce for now.

Since I first made Bobbi's version (Click HERE), I've tweeked just a bit and added a few of my own spices, but for the most part, she deserves an inspired by credit for a new "Top Five" condiment...

1 cup Mayonnaise
Zest from one Lemon
Juice from one Lemon
1/2 TBS Dijon Mustard
4 Garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1 TBS Not Your Grandmother's Herbes de Provence (Savory spice mix)
1 tsp Big Easy in a Jar (Cajun Spice mix)

Put everything in a mini chopper, small food processor or a blender and whirl away!

It's a terrific little dipping sauce, spread (just about anything you use mayo for you can use this stuff... very useful for lots of things.  I make a cup at a time and it usually lasts about a week.

Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you about my Chicken Spread pinwheels!




4 comments:

  1. Love your tweeking, great touches of zest and kick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sounding spread. I can see so many ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know what Aioli is and what's in it. I'm looking for an alternative for mayo or a way to spice it up for the people who put 4 tablespoons on a sandwich....yuck. I ask why..."flavor", mayo is pretty bland. I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

FMP